Tangy Rosemary Beef Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds beef roast trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 medium red onion quartered
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch squares
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate beef cubes overnight or for 1 hour (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to avoid burning on the grill.
- Place beef cubes in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk together next 5 ingredients (vinegar through garlic). Pour over beef cubes.
- Seal bag and gently shake to coat well. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour. Preheat grill to MEDIUM and lightly oil grill grate.
- Alternately thread beef cubes, onion quarters and bell pepper squares onto skewers, adding mushrooms to the ends of the skewers.
- Grill kabobs over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once halfway through, until beef reaches desired level of doneness and veggies are cooked through. Watch carefully to prevent burning! Enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed green beans on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 230 Calories; 11g Fat; 24g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 91mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!