- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- In a large bowl, mix the beef, flour and salt and pepper. Form meat mixture into meatballs. In a large crock cooker, place the broccoli and meatballs.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 5 ingredients (orange juice through arrowroot flour). Pour sauce over the meatballs and broccoli and cover.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until beef is cooked to desired level of doneness and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 636 Calories; 41g Fat (58.2% calories from fat); 48g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 157mg Cholesterol; 182mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!