Tandoori Beef Skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds beef roast trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander or use Garam masala
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup lime juice divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch squares
- bamboo skewers or metal
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms
- 2 cups baby spinach
- olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill. Marinate beef skewers for 30 minutes (see recipe).
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- Place beef cubes in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine next 9 ingredients (coconut milk through red onion). Pour mixture over beef cubes and shake well to coat.
- Alternately thread beef cubes and bell pepper squares onto skewers then carefully place them in the bag. Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove kabobs from bag, discarding marinade. Add mushrooms to the ends of the skewers. Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Grill kabobs over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once half-way through cooking time, until cooked to desired level of doneness. Watch carefully to prevent burning! Serve over fresh spinach.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole wheat couscous. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Garam masala (if using) is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 242 Calories; 12g Fat; 24g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 576mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!