Summer Garden Kabobs
- 4 6-oz. beef top sirloin steaks cubed
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large yellow squash thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large zucchini thickly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 large red onion cut into 8 large chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinade kabobs overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes prior to assembling skewers, to prevent burning on the grill. Alternately thread beef cubes and veggies on skewers. Place them in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (cider vinegar through ginger). Pour mixture over kabobs.
- Seal bag, turn to coat and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. At time of cooking, preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Remove kabobs from marinade (discarding marinade and bag), and grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side, rotating regularly, until cooked to desired level of doneness. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 549 Calories; 34g Fat; 41g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 125mg Cholesterol; 576mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!