Steak and Veggie Kabobs
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into large chunks
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into large chunks
- 1 large red onion cut into large chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak cut into large chunks
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Alternately thread bell peppers, onion and beef onto the skewers.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients (garlic through olive oil); brush a thick coat of this seasoning mixture over the kabobs and grill for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked to the desired level of doneness.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo, a little rice vinegar, and sunflower seeds). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 319 Calories; 14g Fat; 36g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 568mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!