Spicy Citrus Red Snapper
- 2 pounds red snapper fillets
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- Chopped parsley for optional garnish
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate fish for 30 to 60 minutes (see recipe). Place fish in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine next 8 ingredients (garlic through salt). Pour mixture over fish.
- Seal bag and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes. Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill fish for 10 minutes per inch of thickness or until opaque, basting frequently with marinade. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired, serve, and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and Arugula Watermelon Salad (toss arugula, sliced watermelon, and red onion with crumbled Feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette). VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and hot pepper sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 205 Calories; 7g Fat; 32g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 347mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!