Southwestern Grilled Chicken
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large tomato cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large red onion diced
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 large red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and Juice and zest of 1 lime diced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a blender or food processor, place next 9 ingredients (tomato through salt and pepper) along with 3 tablespoons of olive oil; blend until smooth then pour mixture over chicken.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Brush grill grate with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Remove chicken from marinade (reserving marinade); grill for 8 minutes per side, basting with marinade while grilling.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice topped with a dollop of sour cream and chopped green onions. Add a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties, adjusting marinating and cooking times accordingly. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 321 Calories; 14g Fat; 41g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 446mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!