Smothered Grilled Burgers
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 4 slices low fat Swiss cheese
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Form beef into 4 patties; grill to desired level of doneness. While burgers are cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, mushrooms and bell pepper; sauté until onion is translucent. Evenly top each cooked burger with vegetable mixture and a slice of cheese.
- LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with low fat mayo and a little rice vinegar).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve patties, veggies and cheese on whole wheat burger buns. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 511 Calories; 27g Fat; 55g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 118mg Cholesterol; 373mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!