Slow Cooker Thai Chicken
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 6 4-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lime zest optional
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped baby bok choy
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except baby bok choy. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is fork-tender. Stir in bok choy and cook until wilted.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over oriental noodles. Add stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and snow peas on the side. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with sliced portabella mushrooms. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce, vinegar and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 261 Calories; 9g Fat; 33g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 746mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!