Slow Cooker Lemon Chive Pork
- 1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder roast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 cup chopped leek
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients and stir well. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until pork is fork-tender and veggies are done. Stir well, serve and enjoy!!
- LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs for pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 223 Calories; 6g Fat; 29g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 62mg Cholesterol; 954mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!