Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
- 1 pound flank steak trimmed and sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers de-seeded and sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 12 whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- Optional toppings:
- cheddar cheese shredded
- tomatoes chopped
- avocado diced
- sour cream
- In a slow cooker, place first 12 ingredients (beef through broth).
- Stir well to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until beef strips are fork-tender. Stir in cilantro. Serve wrapped in warm tortillas with desired toppings. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Buttered corn on the cob and a relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks and whole black olives. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties sliced into strips and adjust cooking time accordingly. Use low sodium vegetable broth instead of beef broth. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and skip the dairy garnishes. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa and broth are gluten free. Use gluten free tortillas. NUTRITION: per serving: 449 Calories; 11g Fat; 28g Protein; 60g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol; 1188mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!