Skillet Chicken on Wilted Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add chicken and cook till browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add next 5 ingredients (onion through black pepper). Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Arrange 1 cup of raw chopped spinach on each dinner plate and top with a chicken breast half (the heat of the chicken will wilt the spinach perfectly). Serve hot and enjoy!!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber and tomatoes on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth and wine (or juice/vinegar) are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 196 Calories; 5g Fat; 29g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 186mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!