Spicy Shrimp and Pineapple Salad
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno de-seeded and minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large cucumbers chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- In a large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients (shrimp through lime juice).
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add shrimp; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until shrimp is pink and curled into a “c” shape.
- In a large bowl, toss together remaining ingredients (cucumbers through onion). Add shrimp; toss again and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve salad on large Romaine lettuce leaves. NUTRITION: per serving: 261 Calories; 9g Fat; 25g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 179mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!