Sauerkraut Sausage Dogs
- 4 large pork sausages
- 1/4 cup mustard your favorite
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- Preheat grill to HIGH. Place sausages on grill then reduce grill temperature to MEDIUM-HIGH. Grill sausages for 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mustard, relish and sauerkraut. To serve, wrap sausages in lettuce leaves and top with desired amounts of mustard, relish and sauerkraut.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of Zesty Coleslaw (Toss together shredded cabbage, carrots, thinly sliced red onion, radishes and zucchini with a whisked-up dressing of extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, raw honey, salt, pepper and dry mustard to taste). NUTRITION: Per Serving: 621 Calories; 48g Fat; 27g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 15g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 1326mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 4 Vegetable; 8 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!