- 3 cups penne pasta cooked, or use another medium-shaped pasta
- 1 1/2 cups diced eggplant
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup thin green bell pepper strips
- 1 28-oz. can pasta sauce
- Parmesan cheese grated
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook pasta according to package directions. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and bell pepper strips.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggplant and zucchini, cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in pasta sauce.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Spoon sauce over hot pasta then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, halved cherry tomatoes and sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with balsamic vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pasta sauce and pasta are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 285 Calories; 9g Fat; 7g Protein; 46g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 649mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!