Quick and Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, presoak them soak in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Place shrimp in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk together next 7 ingredients (salt through cayenne pepper).
- Pour mixture over shrimp then seal the bag and gently squish the marinade into the shrimp to coat well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Thread shrimp onto skewers. Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Grill shrimp over indirect heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or just until pink and opaque (don’t overcook!). Watch carefully to prevent burning! Enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Crunchy Bok Choy Slaw (toss thinly sliced baby bok choy, shredded carrot and sliced green onions with a dressing of rice vinegar, Dijon mustard, toasted sesame oil, sugar and salt to taste). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add wild rice pilaf. KOSHER: Substitute shrimp with boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp and adjust cooking time accordingly. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 190 Calories; 9g Fat; 23g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 639mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!