Portobello Burgers with Beet Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large beets shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped figs
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, salt, pepper and garlic powder; form mixture into 4 patties.
- Preheat outdoor grill to HIGH. Place patties on grill then reduce grill temperature to MEDIUM-HIGH. Grill patties for 10 minutes per side or until they reach desired level of doneness.
- Meanwhile, rub mushroom caps with olive oil; place them on the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side or until slightly tender.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (onion through honey); toss to combine. On each dinner plate, layer a mushroom cap, a burger patty and an even portion of beet salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 542 Calories; 33g Fat; 37g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 117mg Cholesterol; 152mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!