Pineapple Basil Chicken Thighs
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 1 14-oz. can pineapple chunks
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 large onion chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large jalapeno chopped
- Place all ingredients in a large crock cooker; stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, on HIGH for 3 hours or until chicken is very tender and cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 378 Calories; 3g Fat; 61g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 470mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!