Pine Nut-Crusted Shrimp
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Place shrimp in a large bowl. In a food processor, place remaining ingredients and process until mixture is almost smooth.
- Drizzle mixture over shrimp then toss well to fully cover shrimp. At time of cooking, heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté for 2 to 4 minutes per side (adding more melted ghee or coconut oil to the pan if necessary) or until shrimp are pink and opaque (don’t overcook!). Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a salad of red leaf lettuce, chopped green onions, sliced avocado and radishes, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 356 Calories; 15g Fat; 48g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 362mg Cholesterol; 809mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!