Parsnip and Cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large leek chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- To the skillet, add the shrimp, leek and salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Allow to cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the remaining ingredients. To the parsnip mixture, add the shrimp mixture, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice(Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 317 Calories; 11g Fat; 25g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 204mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!