Paleo Classic Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 medium zucchini sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 14-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 28-oz. can peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce or to taste
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain off any grease.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add zucchini and sweet potatoes and sauté for 2 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients (tomato sauce through hot sauce) along with cooked ground beef. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of red leaf lettuce, sliced avocado, oranges and chopped green onions and cilantro, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 940 Calories; 65g Fat; 45g Protein; 47g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 193mg Cholesterol; 1189mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 5 1/2 Vegetable; 10 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 25
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!