Mediterranean Sautéed Lentils and Veggies
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup diced zucchini
- 12 ounces lentils cooked
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon capers drained
- 2 teaspoons diced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook lentils according to package directions. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion, garlic and zucchini until onion is translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils and remaining ingredients. Simmer until heated through, an additional 5-7 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens with sliced red onion, cucumber, avocado and tomato and crumbled Feta cheese, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. Add warmed, buttered pita bread on the side. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes, capers and olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 268 Calories; 7g Fat; 17g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 18g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 156mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!