“Meaty” Mushroom Stew
- 8 ounces portobello mushrooms sliced
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 large lemon sliced and seeded
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- DO- AHEAD TIP: Cook brown rice in time for dinner. In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except rice.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until mushrooms and onion are tender. Discard lemon slices, stir in cooked rice and serve. Enjoy!!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed broccoli spears and steamed carrots on the side. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 107 Calories; 1g Fat; 10g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 350mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!