Lemon Onion Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 5 green onions chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 lemons 1 juiced and 1 sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (garlic through shrimp). Mix well, cover bowl and place in refrigerator to marinate for 4 to 5 hours or overnight. At time of cooking, remove shrimp from refrigerator.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium high heat and add shrimp and marinade to skillet. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring regularly to make sure both sides of shrimp cook through. Remove from heat once shrimp are done (pink and opaque).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini pasta (julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp). NUTRITION: 344 Calories; 14g Fat (37.1% calories from fat); 47g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 345mg Cholesterol; 340mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!