Lemon Cayenne Flounder with Capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds flounder fillets or use another firm-fleshed white fish
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers drained and rinsed
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Place fish in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, combine next 6 ingredients (garlic through black pepper).
- Rub mixture into both sides of fillets then cover and marinate for 30 minutes. Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Lightly oil grill grate.
- Grill fillets over indirect heat for 5 to 8 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Watch carefully to prevent burning! Serve over brown rice, top with capers and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed or grilled asparagus and steamed sliced carrots. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish and adjust cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure capers are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 254 Calories; 3g Fat; 31g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 463mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!