Kielbasa and Peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and diced
- 2 medium red bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and diced
- 1 pound white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 medium zucchini cubed
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 pound turkey kielbasa sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Parmesan cheese grated
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until veggies are tender-crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes, then sprinkle with steak seasoning and onion powder. Reduce skillet heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add kielbasa and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Just before serving, add a splash of balsamic vinegar, toss, then sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised collard greens and “baked” sweet potatoes (“bake” in a slow cooker to keep your kitchen cool). VEGETARIAN: Use soy sausage. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure steak seasoning, kielbasa and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 169 Calories; 6g Fat; 16g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 1057mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!