Kale Chicken Salad
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked
- 8 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup chopped daikon
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- In a large bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients (chicken through carrots).
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlicky Stir-Fried Baby Spinach (Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add 1 clove pressed garlic and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 (10-oz) package baby spinach; cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.). NUTRITION: 274 Calories; 8g Fat; 31g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 141mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!