- 1 pound cod fillets or use another firm-fleshed white fish
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons chopped green onions
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH (or oven to 450 degrees). Place fish fillets on a lightly oiled sheet of aluminum foil wrap (or in a baking dish, if cooking in the oven).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. In a medium bowl, combine tomato, green onion and basil. Spoon mixture over fish then dot with butter. Lay another sheet of aluminum foil over the top and fold edges together, to make a packet (or cover baking dish).
- Grill/bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Turn off the grill or oven. Remove the top sheet of foil. Sprinkle fish with cheese and return to the grill or oven just to melt the cheese. Serve immediately and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Grilled or steamed asparagus and a big salad of torn Romaine lettuce, sliced red onion, cucumber and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 177 Calories; 7g Fat; 24g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 67mg Cholesterol; 188mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!