Honeyed Ginger Pork
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 8 large leaves romaine lettuce
- Place pork tenderloin in a large slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together next 7 ingredients (honey through ghee); pour mixture over pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Shred pork with 2 forks then blend with slow cooker juices.
- Serve meat mixture in lettuce leaves.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of red leaf lettuce, grape tomatoes, sliced red onion, avocado, radishes, and cucumber, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 364 Calories; 11g Fat; 48g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 156mg Cholesterol; 589mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrate. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!