Honey Lime Grilled Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 2 hours (see recipe). Vegetarians: If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Blend well then pour half of the mixture over the chicken.
- Turn chicken to coat, cover, and then refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours. Cover remaining marinade and refrigerate for later use. Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- Grill chicken for 6 minutes per side (depending on thickness), turning and basting with reserved marinade. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice topped with a dollop of low fat sour cream and chopped green onion; add steamed broccoli spears and steamed sliced carrots on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of chicken, marinate some tempeh, zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper and onion chunks then thread them onto metal OR bamboo skewers. Grill until cooked to desired level of doneness. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 278 Calories; 2g Fat; 40g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 212mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!