- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add steaks and sear in the hot oil for several minutes or until thoroughly browned. Turn the steaks and cook until desired doneness.
- Remove steaks and set aside. In the same skillet, melt ghee with the fresh herbs, and salt and pepper, stir for a few seconds. Then drizzle over steaks.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg-no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.). NUTRITION: 332 Calories; 28g Fat (76.2% calories from fat); 19g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 83mg Cholesterol; 56mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!