Ground Turkey and Vegetable Omelet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 8 eggs beaten
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground turkey; cook and crumble for 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Add remaining ingredients (salt and pepper through spinach); cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until eggs are firm and vegetables are slightly tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed asparagus on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 398 Calories; 26g Fat; 34g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 514mg Cholesterol; 263mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!