Grilled Flounder Salad with Garlic Mango Vinaigrette
- 1 pound flounder fillets or use another firmfleshed white fish
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic pressed and divided
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- Place fillets in a shallow bowl. In a small bowl, combine next 4 ingredients (rosemary through black pepper) along with half of the garlic.
- Rub mixture into fish then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat grill to MEDIUM and lightly oil grill grate. Meanwhile, prepare Mango Vinaigrette: In a food processor or blender, combine next 4 ingredients (mango, lime zest, lemon juice and olive oil) along with remaining garlic.
- Process until smooth then set aside. In a large bowl, toss together baby spinach, red onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and carrots; set aside. Grill flounder fillets over indirect heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Watch carefully to prevent burning! Arrange salad on dinner plates and top with a hot fish fillet. Garnish with Mango Vinaigrette or serve on the side. Enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls and butter. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 235 Calories; 9g Fat; 25g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 54mg Cholesterol; 605mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!