Grilled Flank Steak with Parsley Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less, depending on your heat tolerance
- 3/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/3 cup onion finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- olive oil
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 6-oz. flank steaks
- Preheat grill OR oven broiler to MEDIUM heat. In a small bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (parsley through crushed red pepper flakes).
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper to taste. Lightly coat grill grate/broiler pan rack with olive oil then grill/broil steaks to desired level of doneness.
- Transfer to a platter or casserole dish and pour parsley sauce over the top, being sure to coat at least one side of each steak.
- Cover with aluminum foil wrap to hold in the heat and allow steaks to rest for about 5 minutes then thinly slice across the grain (diagonally). Serve any remaining sauce on top and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve “baked” russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes (wrap potatoes in foil and “bake” in a slow cooker to keep your kitchen cool). KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 158 Calories; 5g Fat; 25g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 138mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!