Grilled Cilantro and Avocado Chicken
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 large boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine next 4 ingredients (olive oil through cumin). Seal bag and turn to coat chicken evenly.Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM.
- Grill chicken for 10 to 15 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, place remaining ingredients (lime juice through cilantro) in a blender; process until smooth then salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle sauce over grilled chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain and toss with salt, pepper, chili powder and chopped green onions to taste). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 382 Calories; 17g Fat; 42g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 126mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!