Grilled Balsamic Steak
- 3 pounds flank steak
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups balsamic vinegar
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak for 20 to 30 minutes (see recipe). Trim steak of excess fat. Rub with garlic and black pepper then place it in a glass baking dish. Pour the vinegar over the steak.
- Cover and marinate at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove steak from marinade (reserving marinade) and pat dry with paper towels.
- Grill to desired level of doneness then transfer to a cutting board and let stand for 15 minutes. In the meantime, pour reserved marinade into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until mixture becomes syrupy. Thinly slice steak across the grain (diagonally) and serve with balsamic sauce. Enjoy!!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: “Baked” russet potatoes (wrap them in foil and “bake” in a slow cooker to keep your kitchen cool). Serve a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of beef, marinate 3 pounds of your favorite grilling veggies such as eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, onions, bell peppers. Throw in some extra-firm tofu, if desired. Place veggies on skewers or use a non-stick grill basket. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 307 Calories; 10g Fat; 49g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 174mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit. Points: 8 DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook lentils according to package directions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!