- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cubed
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth divided
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/4 cup grated ginger
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork cubes and cook until lightly browned but not fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add half of the broth to the skillet along with the red onion, shallots and gingerroot. Simmer for a few minutes, until softened. Add remaining broth, the soy sauce, molasses and seasonings (garlic powder through coriander).
- Bring mixture to a simmer then return pork cubes to the skillet. Simmer for a few minutes longer or until pork is cooked through. Serve and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 228 Calories; 6g Fat; 28g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 793mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!