Garlicky Peppers and Chicken
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast 4-ounce
- 1 1/4 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- Heat 3 teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper to taste and place in skillet; cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until nicely browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in the skillet until hot. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add bell pepper, garlic and soy sauce; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes or until tender. Top chicken with onion/bell pepper mixture and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed green beans. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 216 Calories; 6g Fat; 28g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 227mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!