Garlic Pesto Shrimp
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- In a food processor, combine first 4 ingredients (basil leaves through black pepper); blend until smooth then brush mixture over the shrimp.
- Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and sear for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until pink and opaque.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette; add a relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cucumber spears and grape tomatoes. NUTRITION: per serving: 232 Calories; 8g Fat; 35g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 272mg Cholesterol; 724mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!