Fiery Lime Scallops
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate scallops for at least 2 hours (see recipe).
- Place scallops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a medium bowl, whisk together next 6 ingredients (lime juice through crushed red pepper flakes).
- Pour mixture over scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat scallops evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add scallops and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until a nice brown crust forms. Turn and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. (Do not overcook - scallops should spring back when lightly pressed.) Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, curry powder and chopped cilantro and green onions to taste). Add a big spinach salad on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 213 Calories; 8g Fat; 29g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 747mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!