Easy Crock Steak
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound lean beef round steak
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and brown well on both sides. Salt and pepper to taste then transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add the sliced onion to the skillet and cook till slightly browned and beginning to turn translucent, about 2 minutes. Place it on top of the steak in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle meat and onions evenly with thyme, salt and pepper then pour the tomato sauce over the top. Add the water to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half then add this mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Serve and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (see Day 2 directions) and a big spinach salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve garlic-mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 187 Calories; 6g Fat; 26g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 498mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!