Crock Creole Chicken
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning or to taste
- 1 14.5-oz. can low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 medium stalk celery finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2/3 cup white mushrooms sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and chopped (more or less, to taste)
- Sprinkle chicken with black pepper and place in a slow cooker; add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
NUTRITION per serving: 233 Calories; 2g Fat; 41g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 174mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork. Add braised kale on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over whole wheat couscous instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Creole seasoning and tomatoes are gluten free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!