Crock Cooker Meatloaf
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 1/2 pounds 95% lean ground beef
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (eggs through sage). Crumble the ground beef on top then, using your very clean hands, blend well (mixture will be moist).
- Shape mixture into a round loaf and place it in a lightly oiled slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 160 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Soon mixture over meatloaf.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let meatloaf stand for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Serve and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-toes. KOSHER: Make sure ground beef is certified kosher and use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free breadcrumbs or make your own using gluten free bread. Make sure Worcestershire sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 385 Calories; 5g Fat; 16g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 103mg Cholesterol; 774mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!