Creole Pork Chops
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place pork chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; pour mixture over pork chops.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. At the time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Remove pork chops from marinade (discarding marinade and bag); grill pork chops for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised collard greens and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: per serving: 270 Calories; 11g Fat; 31g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 535mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!