Citrus Glazed Turkey and Asparagus
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- olive oil
- 16 asparagus spears trimmed
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place turkey between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Coat a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid with some olive oil and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add turkey and cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- Add asparagus and next 4 ingredients (broth through black pepper). Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
- In a cup, combine water and cornstarch. Add to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove turkey and asparagus from skillet and place on a serving platter. Spoon sauce over the top, serve, and enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole wheat couscous. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten free and use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 165 Calories; 1g Fat; 31g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 155mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!