Citrus Curried Shrimp
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except shrimp and ghee (or coconut oil); brush mixture over shrimp.
- Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until pink and opaque (don’t over-cook!).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 257 Calories; 8g Fat; 35g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 272mg Cholesterol; 725mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!