Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight (see recipe). Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Seal bag and turn to coat well. Refrigerate as close as possible to 24 hours. At time of cooking, melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add marinated chicken (discarding marinade and bag). Cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, chili powder, chopped cilantro and green onions to taste). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 265 Calories; 9g Fat; 40g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 1057mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!