- 6 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 4 beef rib eye steaks or use another cut of, 6-oz. your choice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot chopped
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- In a medium bowl, combine 4 cloves of the garlic, the salt, pepper, paprika and melted ghee (or coconut oil); blend well then rub mixture into all sides of steaks. Grill steaks for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked to desired level of doneness.
- Meanwhile, place remaining 7 ingredients (cilantro through shallot) plus the remaining garlic in a food processor and blend until smooth; serve over grilled steaks.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with salt, pepper and a little ghee or coconut oil till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 583 Calories; 50g Fat; 29g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 128mg Cholesterol; 570mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 7 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 16
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!