- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 medium red onion halved then sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and diced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place chicken strips in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; toss well to blend then pour mixture over chicken strips. Seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, place ingredients of bag in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir for 6 to 10 minutes or until chicken strips are cooked through and veggies are tender-crisp.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Wrap chicken/veggie mixture in large Romaine lettuce leaves; add a big salad of torn Romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes and sliced avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 194 Calories; 8g Fat; 21g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 528mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!