Cajun Salmon Sandwiches
- 6 skinless salmon fillets 4-oz.
- 6 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 6 French rolls split and lightly toasted, remove some of inside breading
- 9 tablespoons Cajun seasoning divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 slices tomato
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- Place a large, heavy skillet over high heat for 10 minutes. Mix the mayo with 1 to 2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning.
- Taste, then add salt, pepper or more Cajun seasoning as necessary (BUT BE CAREFUL: THE MORE YOU ADD, THE HOTTER IT BECOMES!). Set aside. Lightly rub the olive oil into both sides of fillets then sprinkle with remaining Cajun seasoning.
- Place salmon in the hot skillet to blacken. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on the first side then turn and finish cooking. Cooking time will vary, depending on the thickness of the fish and the heat of the pan.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture on each French roll then top with a blackened salmon fillet, 2 slices of tomato and a 1/4 cup of the shredded cabbage. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with buttered corn on the cob and a relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cucumber spears and whole black olives. VEGETARIAN: Use veggie patties and prepare the same way—blackened with Cajun seasoning. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Cajun seasoning is gluten free. Use gluten free rolls. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 329 Calories; 11g Fat; 28g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 64mg Cholesterol; 1407mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!